There has been plenty of discuss about the Baobab fruit recently in the news. Is it the next big Superfruit? Does it cure various aliments? In truth, the Baobab fruit is an incredibly nutritious fruit, that is packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, fiber, magnesium, potassium and other nutrients. Does that make the Baobab fruit a Superfruit? Who knows, as they is no scientific definition of a super fruit.
Fast Facts and Figures on the Baobab Fruit
If you are interested in learning more about the Baobab fruit, we highly recommend you check out our article on Organic Baobab Fruit Research. That article provides details about both Baobab fruit pulp and Baobab fruit powder.
Still, we understand that some people just want the quick bulleted facts on the Baobab Fruit, so here you go, everything you wanted to know about the Baobab Fruit in under 60 seconds…
- Baobab Fruit Powder Has An ORAC of Over 1,400 per gram
- ORAC is used to measure the antioxidant levels in foods
- Baobab Fruit has more than DOUBLE the antioxidant levels of Acai and Goji berries
- More Than 6 times the antioxidant levels of Cranberries, Blueberries and Pomegranates
- More Than 6 times the Potassium of a Banana
- More Than 6 times the Vitamin C of Oranges
- Baobab Fruit is 50% Heart Healthy Fiber
- Ounce for Ounce, As Much Magnesium As Coconut Water
- Twice as Much Calcium as Milk
You have to admit, those are some pretty impressive facts about the Baobab Fruit
Buyer Beware, Search for Certified Organic Baobab Fruit Powder
Unfortunately, there are less than honest companies who are trying to take advantage of the positive media surrounding the Baobab fruit. Here in the US, it is not possible to get the whole Baobab fruit – shell and all, so your options are Baobab fruit powder or Baobab fruit pulp. Both are good options, just make sure you get certified Organic Baobab Fruit and that is has been tested to be free of any harmful ingredients. As Baobab grown wild in Africa on the Tree of Life, some companies have bee selling rotted Baobab fruits, which contain no nutritional value.
As they say, Buyer Beware!
We have been using the 100% Organic Limitless Baobab Fruit Powder and have been very impressed. The quality is outstanding and we love that they make all their lab testing available so you know they have the best baobab fruit powder.